Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Friday Evening Worship

Evening Worship
Opening Sentences

One: O God, come to our assistance.
Many: O Lord, hasten to help us.
One: Light and peace in Jesus Christ our Lord
Many: Thanks be to God.

One: God who said, “Out of darkness the light shall shine!”
is the same God who made light shine in our hearts
to bring us the knowledge of God’s glory
shining in the face of Christ.

Opening Hymn #291 “O God of Earth and Alter” LLANGLOFFAN

Psalm - Psalm 31:2-6, 15-16, 20
Turn your ear to me,
come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge,
a strong fortress to save me.

Since you are my rock and my fortress,
for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

Free me from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge.

Into your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth.

I trust in the LORD.
My times are in your hands;
deliver me from my enemies
and from those who pursue me.

Let your face shine on your servant;
save me in your unfailing love.

In the shelter of your presence you hide them
from the intrigues of men;
in your dwelling you keep them safe
from accusing tongues.

Hymn of Preparation #322 “Spirit of the Living God” LIVING GOD

Scripture Reading Genesis 2:18-24
Vayomer Adonay Elohim lo-tov heyot ha'adam levado e'eseh-lo ezer kenegdo

Reflection "Living Christ, Living Community"

Prayers of Thanksgiving and Intercession
Let my prayer rise before you as insense,
the lifting of my hands as an evening sacrifice.

We lift our voices in prayers of praise, holy God, for you have lifted us to new life in Jesus Christ, and your blessings come in generous measure. Especially we thank you for
the privilege of worship and service in community…
the guidance of the spirit through this day…
the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ for us…
those who struggle for justice…
food and drink to share in the Lord’s name…
our calling to discipleship…
expressions of love unexpected or undeserved….
We hold up before you human needs, God of compassion, for you have come to us in Jesus Christ and shared our life so we may share Christ’s resurrection. Especially we pray for
the healing of those who are sick…
the comfort of the dying…
the renewal of those who despair…
Reformed, Presbyterian, and Lutheran churches…
the Spirit’s power in the church….

And Lord we pray aloud for the intensions of our hearts
(prayers may be offered aloud followed by the response: God of mercy hear us)

To you, O God
we give up the burdens of this day,
trusting your love and mercy.
To you, O God,
we surrender ourselves,
trusting our risen Lord to lead us always
in the way of peace,
today, tomorrow, and forever.

Amen.
Let us pray as Christ has taught us to pray saying, Our Father, who art in…
Dismissal
May the Lord, who is our peace,
give us peace at all times and in every way.

Amen.

Bless the Lord

The Lord’s name be praised

Sending Hymn #322 “Spirit of the Living God” LIVING GOD

No comments: